Sommery Castle, Gilly-sur-Loire, Rental homes in West Burgundy


Marie-Cécile Bernay

53 rue Nationale

03 290 Dompierre-sur-Besbre

Tél: 04 70 48 27 90


Pierre Guy

273 rue du Bourbonnais

03 290 Dompierre-sur-Besbre

Tél: 04 70 34 54 72



Michel Gourdiat

Place de la Bascule

03 290 Dompierre-sur-Besbre

Tél: 04 70 34 67 28



Clinique St Odilon

32 av Professeur Etienne Sorrel

03000 MOULINS

Tél: 04 70 44 32 42


Fire Brigade - Tél: 18


Doctors

Gilles Talard

14 rue des Bréjots

03 290 DIOU

Tél: 04 70 42 91 39


Françoise Bodelin

200 rue des Ecoles

03 290 Dompierre-sur-Besbre

Tél: 04 70 34 55 55


Dentists

André Beaugy

198 avenue de la Gare

03 290 Dompierre-sur-Besbre

Tél: 04 70 34 52 11


Hospitals

Hôpital de Moulins

10 av Général de Gaulle

03000 MOULINS

Tél: 04 70 35 77 77


Police - Tél: 17


Title

Subtitle

Type your paragraph here.

Digoin - La Pierrade S Le Merle Blanc - Rte de Gueugnon 1 km after the exit from Digoin to Gueugnon. (G)


Beaulon - La Vieille Maison on the village square. (GS)


Pierrefitte-sur-Loire - L'Hotel du Port S Vitry en charollais - Le Charollais 2km to the West of Paray-le-Monial on the RN79. (SE)


Charolles - Café de la Poste. (GS)


Poisson - Café de la Poste. (GS)

Rigny - Les Maronniers


8 km from the centre of Digoin on the road to Gueugnon. Turn left and go on for 2 km. On the village square. (GSE)

Gilly - L’Auberge gourmande


1 km after Gilly, direction Bourbon Lancy. (S)

Taxi - Tél: 03 85 53 82 95


Restaurants - S=pleasant, G=gastronomy, E=ideal for children

of the Lazzarini family. The churchyard became the vegetable garden. The church was oriented to the East so that the priest celebrating mass should face in the direction of the Holy Land. In 1876, the choir was raised up and at the same time the inside was expanded from 120 m2 to 240 m2. A sacristy and a chapel were added facing the river and in 1877 the present entrance was built. The altar is in grey Gilly marble veined in white and red. It dates from 1781 and is the style of Louis XV. The tabernacle comes from Fontette church having been taken from the church to save it from pillage. There are three bells in the tower. The first in A flat was the original bell from Gilly. The second in E flat comes from Fontette and the third in A flat is from Aupont.

Mass is celebrated

• at 9h30 in Gilly once a month

• each Sunday at 11h00 in Bourbon-Lancy

• each Satuurday at the church of St Denis in Bourbon-Lancy at 18h30

The railway station

Trains for Digoin, Paray-le-Monial and Moulins


Dijon with a change at Paray

Lyon with a change at Paray

Paris with a change at Moulins

Gilly station

High speed trains

The bridge over the Loire built in 1868

The vilage shop and bar

Shop Tel: 03 85 53 98 97


Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, Sat

07h30 - 19h30

Wed, Sun

07h30 - 12h00


Bar Every day to about 1.00 am

The church

The church of Gilly dates from the X1th century though no documents exist that date the building exactly. It is, nevertheless, one of the oldest buildings in the area. Built in Romanesque style little is known of its history before 1565.


In 1688, Dame Françoise, widow of de Fontette, gave 450 gold Louis for the restoration of St George's chapel with a view to her being buried there. Between 1574 and 1791, Gilly had 9 different curates. The priest who died in 1791 was not replaced until after the Revolution. The two parishes of Aupont and Fontette continued to celebrate mass in secret. During the Revolution, the furniture from the church was sold in public auction and in 1802, the three parishes of Gilly, Fontette and Aupont were combined together into Gilly-sur-Loire. For short periods between 1802 and 1804 the village had a curate. In 1822 the two churches of Aupont and Fontette were sold. Fontette church became a store for cheese, and that of Aupont became the house

Chateau de Sommery © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Amenities